Health Insurance Marketplace
You and your family may be eligible for some important preventive services at no additional cost to you.
If your plan is subject to the new requirements, you may not have to pay a copayment, co-insurance, or deductible to receive recommended preventive health services, such as screenings, vaccinations, and counseling.
For example, depending on your age, you may have access — at no cost — to preventive services such as:
- Blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol tests
- Many cancer screenings including mammograms and colonoscopies
- Counseling on such topics as quitting smoking, losing weight, eating healthfully, treating depression, and reducing alcohol use
- Regular well-baby and well-child visits, from birth to age 21
- Routine vaccinations against diseases such as measles, polio, or meningitis
- Counseling, screening, and vaccines to ensure healthy pregnancies
- Flu and pneumonia shots – Visit Vaccines.gov to learn more
Some Important Details
This preventive services provision applies only to people enrolled in job-related health plans or individual health insurance policies created after March 23, 2010. If you are in such a health plan, this provision will affect you as soon as your plan begins its first new “plan year” or “policy year” on or after September 23, 2010.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
To schedule a free appointment with our navigator please contact Doris Allen at 407- 595-0477 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
you can also call the AACC office to schedule an appointment.
If you are unable to purchase health insurance on the marketplace or do not qualify for other government health insurance programs, the AACC offers referrals to other health service organizations.