Services for Job Seekers
- ESL Classes
- Employment Fair
- Resumé workshops
- Job Opportunity Alerts
- Interview Training (Mock Interview)
- Referrals to counseling at Goodwill & Career Source Central Florida
- In-office computers stations available to access Goodwill & Career Source Central Florida’s resources and opportunities
In order to be eligible for Florida unemployment benefits, you must meet several criteria:
- You must have lost your job through no fault of your own, so you must not have quit for personal reasons or been terminated for malicious misconduct (poor job performance does not disqualify you);
- You must be totally or partially unemployed;
- You must have a minimum amount of wages earned in what is called the "base period," which is the first four complete quarters beginning 18 months prior to your claim;
- You must be able to work, available to work, and actively seeking work. This includes being able to get to a job and have child care if necessary.
The best way to find out if you are eligible is to apply. If you want help determining your eligibility, contact your local One-Stop Career Center.
Submit a Claim
The Learning Lab offers free structured classroom instruction in computer technology, keyboarding and Microsoft Office applications on a “first come, first served” basis.
English as a Second Language (ESL) cover basic computer skills, This training service is offered on an individual basis & are customized to meet the needs of each student. Students have the opportunity to learn at their own pace in a supportive environment.
The Learning Lab is open to the community; however, priority is given to program participants.