We are hiring.
AACC Orlando office is hiring for domestic violence coordinator position.
Full time job
Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related area
- Provide support and understanding to victims.
- Provide information about domestic violence to clients to help them assess their situation.
- Assist victims in becoming self-directed, empowered, and autonomous.
- Act as an advocate for clients when dealing with other service providers or within a legal setting.
- Help patients find medical treatment and restraining orders.
- Help victims develop strong coping skills to control of their emotions and deal with them in a healthy manner.
- Demonstrate compassion in providing clients with a safe place where they can talk openly about difficult issues.
- Interview and observe the client effectively, taking note of non-verbal responses.
- Maintain calm, supportive, and confidential environment.
- Provide the employee with contacts and referrals for domestic violence resources.
- Respectful the victim`s personal choices and privacy.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and handle strong emotions and difficult situations with grace and compassion.
- Able to do presentation through all Florida cities.
For any further question please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call our office at (407)985-4550.
Last day to submit your resume is on Dec 15 at 5pm.
Free Services for Job Seekers
- ESL Classes
- Employment Fair
- Resumé workshops
- Job Opportunity Alerts
- Interview Training (Mock Interview)
- Referrals to counseling at Goodwill & Career Source Central Florida
- In-office computers stations available to access Goodwill & Career Source Central Florida’s resources and opportunities
In order to be eligible for Florida unemployment benefits, you must meet several criteria:
- You must have lost your job through no fault of your own, so you must not have quit for personal reasons or been terminated for malicious misconduct (poor job performance does not disqualify you);
- You must be totally or partially unemployed;
- You must have a minimum amount of wages earned in what is called the "base period," which is the first four complete quarters beginning 18 months prior to your claim;
- You must be able to work, available to work, and actively seeking work. This includes being able to get to a job and have child care if necessary.
The best way to find out if you are eligible is to apply. If you want help determining your eligibility, contact your local One-Stop Career Center.
Submit a Claim
The Learning Lab offers free structured classroom instruction in computer technology, keyboarding and Microsoft Office applications on a “first come, first served” basis.
English as a Second Language (ESL) cover basic computer skills, This training service is offered on an individual basis & are customized to meet the needs of each student. Students have the opportunity to learn at their own pace in a supportive environment.
The Learning Lab is open to the community; however, priority is given to program participants.